Maggie:INK

Maggie:INK
Maggie INK

Saturday, October 22, 2011

SAS Shoes

One of the things most of us hate with a passion is having our feet hurt, so it was not that long ago--could it have been in the 1950s--on an annual visit to my sister in Tucson, Arizona that I was introduced to blessed relief from such punishment. It came in the form of SAS Shoes (San Antonio Shoes).

This ergonomically crafted footwear for women is made in San Antonio, Texas. It is designed in good taste, made of fine leather by experienced cobblers, in conservative but attractive styles, and best of all, holds up under long hard usage without showing wear. It is the ideal lifetime shoe at a price most American women can afford.

A typical pair of SAS walking shoes.
When I traveled in Europe in the 1960s, I would sometimes spot "my" shoes on a fellow traveler. I would tap her on the shoulder, give her a warm hello and share a few minutes of joy with her over our lucky find in having comfortable feet for our trip.

Every year, there was the joy of shopping in the West for a new pair of SAS Shoes--I remember once I treated myself to three pairs--but it was still a relief when I moved to Essex County and found them at Futter's in Millburn.

I now have two pairs that will last the rest of my life. If you wear a size 6 1/2, get in touch. I have some dressy ones worn a time or two that I will happily pass on without charge.

Do all the good you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment