Maggie:INK

Maggie:INK
Maggie INK

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Thanks to Barry Carter for telling my story

I am very grateful to Barry Carter, who wrote an article about me that was published in the Star Ledger.  I appreciated how carefully he listened to what I had to say and how accurately he reported it.  He articulated it in a concise manner.  And the article was on the first page of the New Jersey section so lots of people saw.  I've been delighted to hear from old friends and to make new friends, like the School Ambassadors at North Boulevard Elementary School in Pompton Plains, NJ.  Rutgers University, where my husband Ernie Thompson's papers are kept, also got in touch.  I am happy that they would be interested in adding my papers to his.  It is wonderful to have this support for spreading the word that writing is so important for so many people!

I did notice that the title of the article said that I was a one-time activist.  Maybe "one whole lifetime activist" would have been even better.

Kudos to Barry!  As my son Josh's Jamaican friends say, "Big Up!"

No comments:

Post a Comment