Maggie:INK

Maggie:INK
Maggie INK

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Fond Farewell to Shirleen, A Warm Welcome to Marlo!


It is with mixed emotions that I say farewell to Shirleen Dorman!  Shirl, a wonderful writer, pushed this project from the start.  She was instrumental in the initiation and carrying out of communication with contacts at local libraries, newspapers and especially this Maggie: INK Blog.  Her expertise as a writer has afforded her the opportunity, (after 2 years of unemployment), to acquire a full-time position (with a salary not commiserate to her worth), but one that I am sure she will enjoy.  While I will miss her dearly and appreciate every minute she spent with me, I am happy for her and I take this moment to extend my heartfelt appreciation for all the work she has done.  Shirl, I wish you well!  I certainly hope that you will continue to share in the future of this project.

Luckily, I am fortunate yet again to walk into the next phase of this project with the assistance of Marlo Johnson.  She comes to me from Chicago, Illinois with a background in Educational Administration and Electrical Engineering.  Marlo is an eager young wife and mom who has already expressed that she is learning and growing with this work.  Marlo, welcome!  I looked forward to working with you and doing great things with your assistance! 

I am excited about the opportunity to continue this project and I look forward to sharing more about my life, past and present. 

No comments:

Post a Comment